CDHRVTA is a Non governmental Organization that is dedicated to the defense of human rights in Africa and also embarks on vocational training to empower the less privileged to make them self sufficient and productive.
The objects for which the association is established are:
1. To educate the citizens on self and public rights.
2. To provide free legal services for the less privileged..
3. To provide vocational training such as:
- HAIR DRESSING
- BASIC & ADVANCE COMPUTER SKILLS
- ESTABLISHMENT OF SMALL MEDIUM ENTERPRISES FOR THE LESS
4. To organize seminars and symposium for the re-orientation of the citizenry towards a crime -free life.
5. To campaign against rape and organized violence, torture and to assist victims in getting medical service and justice.
6. To server as a collection point for cases of human rights abuse ans assist victims of organized crimes.
7. To campaign for the elimination of HIV/ AIDS and stigmatization of HIV/ AIDS infected persons and assist in the distribution of anti retro-viral drugs to HIV/ AIDS patients in the rural areas.
8. To liaise with other NGOs/ Associations with similar objectives (both national and international) towards the realization of these objectives.
1. The power to raise funds by way of contribution, subscription, legacies and grants, gift or any description, provided that in funds the trustee shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading and shall conform to all relevant requirements of the law.
2. The power to purchase, take on lease or in exchange, or otherwise acquire any property necessary for the achievement of its objectives and to maintain and equip it for use.
3. The power to co-operate with other charity, voluntary bodies and statutory authority of similar charitable purpose or objectives by exchanging information and advice with them.
4. The power to delegate selected/ elected members to represent the association at seminars, symposiums and workshops, conferences, nationally and internationally.
5. The power to print or publish newspapers, journals, books and brochure, leaflets and such like or other documents, films or recorded tapes that the trustees may think desirable for the promotion of the objectives of the association.
6. The power to hold exhibition, meetings, lectures, seminars and courses either alone or with other charities and voluntary associations of similar objectives which would help in promoting the objectives of the association.